Size: Length of a carrot (10.5 inches)
|Wiggly right before ultrasound|
|Baby looking at camera|
|Baby A, length of a carrot!|
- Length is now measured crown to heel.
- The fetus has grown to 10.5 inches - 12.7 ounces.
- It is now gaining weight steadily, with fat being added to the body.
- Bone marrow has started making blood cells.
- Their small intestine is starting to absorb sugars.
Based on the size of baby's head, which is about 2 inches (5cm), the date of birth can be determined to within one week. The fetus is steadily gaining fat and has grown a whitish coat of a slick, fatty substance to protect skin in amniotic fluid and to ease delivery.
The baby can hear and recognize the mother's voice, and may respond to some types of music (uh oh, Robert better clean up his music selection).