Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Baby #2 - 26 Weeks

Six and a half months pregnant and feeling alright. I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable when sitting for too long or laying on the couch for too long. Resting on my hands and knees relieves a lot of the heaviness, so I try to do that when watching TV or playing with Hunter, but since I can't do that at work, my days can be a challenge.
I finally purchased something for baby boy #2...a pair of newborn mustache leggings! They were on sale at Target, so I had to. 
I also started making a list of things to do since I know time is going to fly by with the holidays and before I know it January will be here. Basic things like: where is the baby going to sleep and where are we housing his clothes/gear? And pre-registering, installing infant carseat, etc., etc. I feeling kind of bad we haven't done anything for this baby yet, but life has been jam-packed and we are doing our best. 
It's hard to believe next week I will be in my THIRD trimester. Reminding myself to make an effort to slow down, enjoy the pregnancy, and maximize the last few months as a family of three.  

What's baby up to?
He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. 
These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

1 comment: