34 weeks - 42 more days to go
|Baby A, size of a cantaloupe|
What's the baby up to?
- Baby is approximately 18 inches long and weighs about 5.25 pounds.
- Your child has now an excellent chance of survival outside the womb.
- Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week.
- Eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping.
- The fingernails are now completely formed.
The skull bones are still pretty flexible and not completely joined to help to ease exit out of the narrow birth canal. Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. The baby's skin is also becoming less wrinkled. Braxton Hicks contractions may be getting more numerous and stronger (yes).