Saturday, January 26, 2013

13 Weeks

How far along? 13 weeks
Size: Peach
Maternity clothes? I've worn my maternity pants a couple times (so comfy), but other than that just normal clothes. I wear longer, looser tops with a belly band over my skinny jeans to work and that works great.
Symptoms:
No matter how much water I drink, my skin is very dry. My Clarisonic + coconut oil has been an awesome combo for treating it.
Sleep: Not as blissful as it's been in past weeks - sad!. It's not horrible, but I wake up a few times throughout the night rather than sleeping for 10 hours straight. Rough life over here.

Best moment this week:
Entering the second trimester. Oh! Discovering chocolate chip cookie in a cup. Thank you Pinterest.

Worst moment of the week: Loosing my awesome sleep streak. Something to get used to since I imagine it's not going to get any better.
Have you told family and friends: Yes - and I told my boss on Thursday :)

Miss anything? Being tidy. I like to keep our home clean and orderly, but lately I have been a slacker. Sorry Robert!

Movement: Not yet

Food cravings: Nothing in particular. I have been eating a lot more fruit than usual - it's easier to throw an apple and/or banana in my purse and go.
Oh, and I had my first midnight snack. I woke up at 3am on Wednesday starving - so I ate a banana in the kitchen with my eyes closed and then crawled back into bed. Success.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, though coffee isn't as delicious as it used to be.

Have you started to show yet: Yes, but when wearing loose tops at work no one would know. Still depends on the time of day too. I am pretty small in the mornings and bigger in the evenings.
 

Off to a baby shower!
My Gender prediction: Boy! 
Labor signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Registering. After test driving strollers with Robert, I am excited about choosing registry items. I haven't really been excited up until now because it's really overwhelming, but thanks to my amazing sisters, I think it will be fun. I am so lucky they have kids and they are able to offer me advice on different products. Thank you seesters <3

Baby A, size of a peach!

What is the baby up to?
The fetus is now 3 inches long and weighs about an ounce. The baby's unique fingerprints are already in place. The muscles lengthen and become organized. The nose and chin are well defined and the baby can open and close its mouth (nom nom). You can't feel it yet, but your baby can move in a jerky fashion, flexing the arms and kicking the legs.

1 comment:

  1. Love love your dress! Cutest bump too. Your skin will be really dry - I used aveeno winter skin body wash and that helped. And cocoa butter!

    ReplyDelete