Friday, May 17, 2013

29 Weeks

How far along? 29 weeks 
Size: Butternut Squash (2.5lbs and over 15 inches long) 
Maternity clothes? Same as previous weeks. My non-maternity pants are not very comfortable, but I wear them anyway since I still have a pair that fit. My challenge this week was finding a dress in my closet to wear for a wedding tomorrow. Some of them were hilariously inappropriate when I tried them on for Robert.
Symptoms:
Round ligament pain, lower abdominal pressure, lower back pain, and nausea
. I wonder if he changed positions? Overall I have been pretty tired and dragging no matter how much I sleep. I think I will be cashing in my prenatal massage very soon.
Sleep: Eh, it's ok - depends on the night. When I wake up I am hurting so it's hard to go back.

Best moment this week:
We had a doctors appointment on Monday and heard the heartbeat - all is good! I will be seeing the doctor every two weeks now as we near closer to the due date.

Visiting several daycare's on our list. We found a few that we like and got on the waiting lists - here's to hoping we get into at least one of them. Happy to be checking more things off of my never ending to-do list. 
Also, getting the crib mattress and covers - thank you Oma and Opa! The crib is looking much more complete now. 
Worst moment of the week: Overall just feeling uncomfortable. I weighed in at the doctors office and am up 15lbs. I am moving slower these days and even simple tasks like buckling my shoes are becoming tiresome. Can I just wear flip flops to work?
Miss anything? Stomach sleeping - I am imagining an epic face plant once the baby is out.

Movement: I've been feeling more baby hiccups and lots of rolling around. I have to say my favorite move is when he props his bum up - I can cup it with my hand and it's so cute to imagine his position in there. I'm in love with him already.

Food cravings: Coconut popsicles and watermelon - so good!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular, but I do get waves of nausea/dizziness every once in awhile. I was in Starbucks prior to our appointment on Monday and I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out (hot, clammy, dizzy). Such a gross feeling and immediately sent me into a panic since I was alone. Happy it passed!

Have you started to show yet: Yep. I love watching the shape of my stomach change depending on his position - when his bum is in the air it's the most noticeable since it looks like there is a cone on one side of my stomach, hah! Here is a bump comparison between weeks 23 and 29. 


Labor signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in/flat and strange looking. Not sure that it will ever pop out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy - and emotional. I've had a few random moments that I feel like crying for no reason. I am perfectly happy but I get a lump in my throat and want to cry! Thank you hormones, I suppose.
Looking forward to: My baby shower! I am so excited to see everyone and to celebrate this baby boy. I am also looking forward to our 32 week appointment, since we will be getting an ultrasound. After that we don't get to see the baby until he is born! Our previous ultrasound was at 20 weeks, so there has been a lot of growth since the last time we saw him.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VIVDhhcFI6s/TDMV1uIgihI/AAAAAAAAA_w/-KebIExFPqI/s1600/29-butternut-squash.jpg
What's the baby up to? 
  • Your baby now weighs about 2 and a half pound and is about 15 inches long from head to heel.
  • Brain is busy developing billions of neurons.
  • Baby's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature.
  • The fetus can taste and respond to pain.
His head is growing bigger to accommodate the brain, which is busy developing billions of neurons and his eyes can move in their sockets. As well as your baby's increasing sensitivity to changes in light, they may also be able to taste. Various studies show that your baby may indicate preferences or dislike for particular tastes at this stage (chocolate chips?).
Baby is also moving from side to side, but probably still is head up. In the next few weeks, they will move to the head down birthing position. At times you may feel as if baby is performing somersaults for an olympic gold medal (yes). Baby may be performing fewer movements because living conditions in the womb are becoming more cramped. The baby is still doing a lot of kicking and stretching. Some of your baby's kicks and punches may even take your breath away (yes).
Baby hears things better from the vibrations all around, and can now distinguish real sounds and voices. At this stage baby eyes are almost always blue and can distinguish bright sunlight or artificial light.

No comments:

Post a Comment