Tuesday, May 17, 2016

16-18 weeks - Baby #3

Well I guess you could say I popped! The past two weeks have been pretty uncomfortable with lots of cramping and lack of sleep. I think the baby was just making itself a comfy house in there because I can definitely tell my belly has grown. I don't remember such a dramatic growth spurt in such a short amount of time happening with my last two pregnancies and I think my belly has caught up in size to where I was the last two times. 

I still have headaches almost daily, wahhh. Drinking water is a big challenge, which likely contributes to the headaches, but if I drink a lot of water I feel nauseous - so there's that. Sleep is not great, but not terrible. I don't have a pregnancy pillow this time around, so I think a lot of my discomfort is positional. I am trying to get through without buying one because they are pricey and I don't know if I will ever need one again.

Exercise-wise I am doing more than I did the last two times around since I am home with the boys. I think I walked about 7 miles yesterday and I probably average about 3-5 miles per day, depending on what we are doing. 


size of a bell pepper

We have our anatomy scan next Wednesday to make sure the baby is growing on track. This is the ultrasound where we would normally find out if the baby is a boy or a girl, BUT this time we are going to wait and find out with our families over the weekend. We'll ask the doctor to write the sex down on a piece of paper so we don't see it right then. I can't wait to share the excitement with my family and it is going to be hard not to have the doctor just tell us during the appointment.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! Enjoy that special appointment :)

    ReplyDelete