Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ultrasound #1

This morning Robert and I had our first ultrasound to see if the little one had a heartbeat and if he/she was growing normally. Good news is the baby looks great and the heartbeat was pounding away! He/she measured right on track at 6 weeks 4 days, keeping our due date August 4th. I'm not sure when or if that due date will change at some point, but I'm happy to know we are on track for now. 

Could have lost the scarf - but thumbs up, there's a heartbeat!

Baby A - the whitish blob at the top of the black blob
 It's unreal to see the heart flickering so fast and to hear the doctor say the baby looks excellent. She pointed out where the baby was sitting inside of me and explained all of the measurements she was taking. As I was driving to work all I could think about was that  I actually have a living thing inside of me - so weird and cool at the same time.



I can't wait to see he/she again at our 8.5 week ultrasound, which will be just after Christmas. I think by that time the ultrasound picture will look more like an actual baby rather than a little blob.

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is YAY!!! So excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fine camera skills! Thanks for the note; we are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited and happy for you two. You are going to make the best parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So VERY excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet that little baby.

    ReplyDelete